Robotics & Automation
Automation and Robotics engineering is a field of engineering that deals with the design and creation of robots. It uses computers to manipulate and process robotic actions.
These robots are then used in:
• Industries to speed up the manufacturing process.
• The field of nuclear science.
• Servicing and transmission of electric signals
• Designing of bio-medical equipment, sea-exploration, among others.
Automated and Robotics engineers make use of knowledge from computer engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, biological mechanics, software engineering. But this is not all. They also use control systems and information technologies to reduce the need for human labour in factories, offices and at home. Automation and Robotics engineering has indeed been crucial to the development of humanity and certainly, this will come with great responsibilities.
Dr. Beycil V.J.
Qualification: M. Tech
Experience: Teaching – 12 years, Research – 1 year
Areas of Interest: Opto Electronics, Optical Communication, Wireless Sensor, Power Electronics
• V.J. Bycil and Dr.M.C. John Wiselin, “Design And Analysis Of Sagnac Loop Frequency Characteristics”, International Journal Of Innovative Research In Management, Engineering And Technology Vol. 4, Issue 2, February 2019.
• Bycil, V. J., and M. C. Wiselin. “Modelling and Signature Analysis of Vibration Energy Harvesting System using Electromagnetic Energy Conversion.” International Journal of Simulation–Systems, Science & Technology 19, no. 6 (2018)
• V.J. Bycil and Dr.M.C. John Wiselin, “Design and Analysis of Electrostatic Energy Harvester Using Vibration Energy for Sensor Networks”, “Journal of advanced research in Dynamical and Control Systems ”Volume: 10, Issue: 12 (2018).
• V.J. Bycil and Dr.M.C. John Wiselin, “Measurement of Acceleration in Energy Harvesting System Using Hybrid Energy Harvesting Technique”, “Journal of advanced research in Dynamical and Control Systems” Volume: 10, Issue: 12 (2018).
• V.J. Bycil and Dr.M.C. John Wiselin, “Modeling and analysis of vibration energy harvesting system using piezo stack”, “Journal of advanced research in Dynamical and Control Systems, January 2019.
• V.J. Bycil and Dr.M.C. John Wiselin Design And Analysis Of Sagnac Loop Frequency Characteristics International Journal Of Innovative Research In Management, Engineering And Technology Vol. 4, Issue 2, February 2019 John Wiselin, Sreeja, Bycil, Sherin Dhas, Rajesh Prasad, Sheeba, Suhaila, Sowmya, “A Low cost carbon Nano fiber based spiral Inductor: Inference and Implementation”, Advances in material science and Engineering, February 2014. Annexure I Paper
Dr. S. Suresh Babu
Qualification: M. Tech, PhD
Jeeshma Mary Paul
Qualification: M Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation; Doing PhD
Area of Interest: Power Electronics and Motor Drives
Industry Experience : 1 yr
Research Experience : 4 yrs
Journal Publications: 3, Conference Publications: 3
Patents Filed : 1
Sourav R. Vimal
Qualification: B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering, M.Tech in Manufacturing and Automation
Specialisation: Manufacturing & Automation
Experience: 1 year
Kishnalal M.S. – Assistant Professor
Qualification: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, M.Tech in Manufacturing & Automation
Experience : 4 years industrial experience
VIJIL J. – Assistant Professor
BE in Mechanical Engineering
ME in Thermal Engineering
Specialization: Thermal Engineering
Experience: 1 yr (teaching)
3 years (industrial experience)