Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The formal inauguration of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cell was inaugurated by Dr. Biju Ramesh, the Chairman, Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology, on the 16th of March 2016. Logo of the RIET, IEDC was also released during the function. A talk on innovation and entrepreneurship was also delivered by Mr. Shyam Kumar, Director, Innovation Experience, and Trivandrum.
- Motivational talk on Innovation and its impact on real life situations were handled by Mr. K C Chandrasekharan, Entrepreneurship Cell, KITCO, and Cochin. He introduced a young entrepreneur from Trivandrum, who innovated a new trend in business with some basic requirements of B.Tech students.
- Special invited talk on “Enhancing the industrial and societal Relevance of Engineering Subjects” and also an interactive talk on “Creativity and Innovation in the Teaching and Learning of Engineering” were delivered by Prof. (Dr). Rajasekharan Pillai, Former Vice Chancellor of IGNOU and former Vice President of Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Kerala for the faculty of RIET, to inculcate innovation trends in the minds of students.
- Ajith Prabhu, KSCSTE has delivered a talk on Intellectual Property Right Act and the methods and procedures adopted to get the innovations IPR protected for the students of RIET. The talk give an eye opening for the student, how to protect the Intellectual property of their innovations and go for start up.
- Rajith Karunakaran, Director Rajadhani Bussiness School delivered a talk on “The Entrepreneur’s Journey”, as a part of the meeting with Entrepreneur. The success of an entrepreneur initially facing with failures in his endeavour and finally meeting with the successful entrepreneurship is discussed in the talk.
- One day workshop on IPR for protection of Innovations. The programme was sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment
- Two day training programme on Entrepreneurship for KSUM conducted by ICT Academy
- An ideation club was started to bring about the ideas of students of RIET. This Ideation Club is working in association with Aeronautical Department of RIET. The ideas of students can be boosted up in the Centre of Excellence in Innovation, which has to be set up in the College in association with Barola Technologies, Bangalore.
- In association with Barola Technologies, Bangalore, RIET has started a Centre of Excellence in Innovation for the students. MoU has been signed with Barola Technologies for the support to the Centre. The Centre is attached with Aeronautical Engineering Department of RIET.
- In order to develop the Innovation skills of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Electrical and Electronics Engineering students, MoU has been signed with the Electronics Sector Skills Council of India.
INTERNET OF THINGS LAB (IoT Lab)
RIET took the initiative to establish the IoT Lab in the campus in association with KSUM for the training programmes for the faculty and students of the college
- Organised a workshop on IPR for protection of Innovations, The programme was sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment
- A training programme on Robotics and Automation is conducted for RIET students. The workshop is handled by final year students who already got training in Robotics and Automation. A good number of students have turned up for the programme.
- A team of students from various branches have visited the Rural Innovators meet at MIthra Nikethan, Vellanad, Trivandrum