Rajadhani Centre for Interdisciplinary Research & Consultancy (aRCIRC)
Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology (RIET), Nagaroor, Attingal is a private engineering college run by Indira Charitable Trust, a non-profitable trust. Established in the year 2009, it is fully equipped with all infrastructure facilities and more than sufficient built up area. In order to excell in the engineering education, research and development and in consultancy, the Institution is eager to get into tie up with major industries in Kerala and surrounding States. The main motto behind the move is; rather than simply producing engineering graduates, the management of RIET is committed to produce engineers who are capable of meeting the industry and societal needs. Research and Development, especially in areas of industry demands can be taken up by the faculty of RIET who are experts in different disciplines of engineering and basic sciences. To achieve this target, Rajadhani Centre for Industrial, Professional Consultancy and Research (RaCIPCAR) is established in the campus of Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology as an autonomous entity under the Indira Charitable Trust.
Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology is situated in Rajadhani Hills off Nagaroor near Attingal in Thiruvananthapuram District. The main building accomodates all the Engineering Departments, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electroncis and Communication, Computer Science Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering. It also accomodates Rajadhani Business School. Near by itself there are two laboratory blocks. Tata Consultancy Service has been provided with about 800 terminals and two floors in Laboratory Block II. Mobile giant, Apple has their training centre at RIET. A Centre for Research and Development in Information Technology, managed by Computer Science Department and Centre of Excellence in Innovation with the support of Barola Industries, Bangalore is active under the Department of Aeronautical Engineering. MoU has been signed with Electronics Skill Development Council, Govt. of India. The College is closely associating with NASSCOM.
RIET is on the process of getting the accreditation of National Board of Accreditation and National Assessment and Accreditation of University Grants Commission. The vision of RIET is to groom and empower a new generation of technologists and innovators with a lifelong passion for learning and achievement. Efforts are to proactively mould them to be good citizens with sensitivity, empathy and compassion for society, thus enabling education to be a tool for social transformation and a better tomorrow.
The mission of RIET is to foster an ambience of excellence, by imparting state-of-the-art quality education, for creating technologists & innovators of tomorrow, having the right knowledge, skill and attitude.
State of the art laboratories furnished with latest equipment and experienced faculty ensure an enriching learning culture. RIET have the following unique laboratories from among the private engineering colleges in the State viz., Wind tunnel, mechanical, electronics and software labs, electrical machine lab and civil engineering materials testing laboratory etc.
With a vision to impart quality education and thereby mould industry adaptable engineers, the Governing Board of the Institute comprises of eminent personalities from education, research and industry.
ABOUT THE CENTRE
Rajadhani Centre for Industrial, Professional Consultancy and Research (RaCIPCAR) is proposed as a separate entity under the Indira Charitable Trust, and is incorporated in the campus of Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology. The Centre will coordinate research among the various departments in the campus and all other research centres operating in RIET will come under the proposed centre. The proposed Centre will coordinate industry oriented research and consultancy.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CENTRE
The objectives of the proposed centre are;
- To coordinate interdisciplinary research at Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- To align with industry and formulating programmes or studies to solve the existing problems of industry.
- To plan and prepare project proposals which can be submitted to research funding agencies of Govt. of Kerala or Govt. of India.
- To associate with other Research Institutions and Experts in the concerned areas of research.
- To undertake industrial and infrastructural consultancy works.
- To utilise the facilities in the laborotories of RIET to its full capacity.
- To have internships for morotories students in the associating industries.
- To cultivate start up ideas and entrepreneurship among students of RIET.
- To develop interdisciplinary skills among students and faculty.
- To get an opportunity for the faculty to international research in interdisciplinary areas.
PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANCY ACTIVITIES
RIET is capable of taking up professional consultancy work in the following areas;
- Digital Surveying
- Building Material testing
- Concrete mix design
- Highway material testing
- Subsoil Investigation, Soil testing and Foundation recommendation
- Geotechnical Field testing
- Geosynthetic testing
- Structural design
- Software testing/test automation with selenium framework.
- Mobile Application Development with Xcode, Cocoa Touch framework and Objective C
- Web Site Design
- Network design and implementation
- Image processing
- Pattern recognition
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Liquid and Solid Insulation Testing.
- Electrical Installation design and estimation work.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Optical Communication and Networks
- Wireless Communication and Networks
- Testing and Verification of VLSI Design
- RF and Antenna Design
- Mixed Signal VLSI Design,
- Image Processing,
- Embedded Systems,
- Reconfigurable Computing
- Energy conservation and management
- Non-conventional machining
- Welding processes
- Production Planning and Inventory Management
- Aero and/or Gas Dynamics
- Automatic Control of Flight Vehicles
- Control engineering
- Wind Engineering
Contact: Dr. K. Balan
Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology
Nedumarampu P O., Nagaroor, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram
Phone: 0470 – 2775500; 2679797
Mobile: 94470 10520